Illuminating The Lords of Light
Keen for updates? We got you.
We know it’s been a while since the last proper RTLOL update, and wow this is a doozy!
First off, we want to take a step back and take stock of where we see Raini’s place in the emerging GameFi space.
We feel that the current state of the market is underwhelming — there’s a lot of promise and hype, but a lack of quality releases. Making games is hard, making good games is even harder. Making good blockchain-based games with resilient play-to-earn economics is harder still.
From the beginning, our motivation has been to build a fun, engaging, and enjoyable game. Something that is also highly polished, and delivers on the promise of sustainable and rewarding play-to-earn economics.
With this goal in mind, we’ve gone through a number of project iterations, and raised the standard that we set for ourselves. To this end, we’ve been rapidly growing our game development team, bringing in quality talent from AAA studios including Ubisoft, Microsoft, and Magic Leap.
This strategy is also key to our future vision for Raini — which we see as becoming a top tier blockchain gaming studio, alongside our existing NFT platform offering. We believe there is incredible opportunity in this space for early movers, and while we won’t be the first to market with a P2E game, we’re aiming to be one of the first to market with a top quality release that stands on its own as a game, along with its exciting P2E economics.
As part of our strategy of doubling down on quality, we’re thrilled to announce that Jerry Darcy has joined our game design team. He was the lead designer on the immensely popular and successful Star Wars CCG, and has worked on numerous major franchises including Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, Gears of War, and SOCOM.
As part of the increased scope for RTLOL, we have also made a number of key changes to the game design which we are excited to share with you all:
- As a unique hybrid between Hearthstone, Magic: The Gathering, and our own spin, we will be introducing a mechanic wherein one card per turn can be “staked” (sacrificed) to produce a coloured gem 💎 of the same colour. Once produced, each gem will re-charge itself at the start of every controlling player’s turn, and gem charges will be the necessary expenditure required to summon creatures or play spells.
- The cost to play cards will be expressed as a combination of gem charges in their colour, as well as generic gem charges, with the most powerful cards requiring multiple charges of gems in their colour.
- Rainbow cards will require unique combinations of different coloured gems to play; for example, a card costing 3 rainbow gems will be able to be played with a blue, green, and yellow gem charge, but not with three blue gem charges.
- Upon staking a rainbow card, players will be able to select the colour that the mana gem is produced in; albeit with some limitations.
- The number of cards required to build a deck and play RTLOL has increased from 30 to 40.
- We will be introducing generic, account-locked, non-NFT base cards in each of the 7 colours; these will not cost anything and can be used to round out a deck for players who do not have enough NFT’s to field a full deck. Note that these base cards will be relatively low power and there will be strict limitations imposed on the PHOTON earning rate for players based on the number of base cards included in their deck.
The biggest news we have to share is that, as part of the Sanctor Turbo incubator program, we will be unveiling the first RTLOL gameplay trailer next week! We’ll be posting more news on the Sanctor Turbo event soon.
The only downside is that, with all of the increases to the game’s scope and ambition, we have had to delay the planned launch of the game to Q1, 2022. Our intention is to release an alpha version as early as possible in the quarter (late January is the target), with the final release coming a little later. From there, the intention is to continually iterate on the game over time — extending gameplay mechanics and adding exciting new game modes, based on community feedback and input.
We will also be increasing the cadence of development updates for RTLOL to drop info either weekly or fortnightly, depending on how much we have to share. Community AMAs will also become a far more regular occurence moving forward.
Other Raini News
The Jordi / KREW drop has been delayed as KREW wishes to ensure that their AR functionality is ready to go upon release. We will be keeping you all in the loop as to the new date as soon as this is finalised, and may squeeze in another platform drop prior to it, depending on the new schedule.
Raini NFT bridging will be live from the middle of next week , and we will release a Medium once this is live. We also intend to release Raini NFT staking before the end of the year.
We know these two features are late, and we apologise for any inconvenience to the community. We’ve been scaling up our platform development team too, to ensure we can better hit our roadmap targets moving forward.
Until next time!
The Lords of Light OpenSea: https://opensea.io/collection/rtlol
Raini NFT Platform: raini.io
Raini Launchpad: raini.io/launchpad
Pancakeswap: Buy on Pancakeswap
Uniswap: Buy on Uniswap
Ethereum & BSC Contract: 0xeb953eda0dc65e3246f43dc8fa13f35623bdd5ed
Etherscan, DEXTools + more: https://raini.me/linktree